For peach salsa:
- 4–5 large peaches, skins removed* and diced
- 3 Tbsp red onion, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, finely minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed and finely minced
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch salt and pepper
For the rice bowls:
- 4c cooked rice or quinoa
- 2 (14.5oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe peach salsa (recipe above)
- Assemble peach salsa by tossing peaches, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Assemble individual rice bowls by layering together rice, black beans, and peach salsa as desired.
How long will it keep? The lime juice helps prolong the life, but you’ll want to eat it within about 2-3 days, tops. Peaches are just so delicate they don’t last much longer. If you use mango instead, you can get away with 4-5 days.
Not into peaches? This also works beautifully with mango! I love yellow mangos (sometimes called Atulfo or champagne mangos).
Change it Up! If you want, you can try adding chili powder, cumin, or a pinch of chipotle chili powder to the salsa. It’s fun to play with the flavor!
*To remove peach skins easily, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add peaches for 45-60 seconds. Remove from boiling water and place in a large bowl of cold water. The skins should come off easily.