Peanut Butter Energy Bites – These 5 ingredient energy bites are SO easy to put together and they’re a big hit with kids and grown-ups. Try the optional chocolate drizzle for a fun twist! (Gluten free & vegan)
For Peanut Butter Energy Bites:
- 1 cup creamy or chunky natural peanut butter (just peanuts or just peanuts + salt)
- 1 cup rolled oats, certified gluten-free if needed
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
For Optional Chocolate Drizzle:
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. coconut oil.
- Pour peanut butter, oats, syrup, vanilla, and salt into your food processor.
- Cover with the lid and pulse or blend 20-30 seconds until the mixture is cohesive. (I recommend stirring the sides and bottom after about 20 seconds to make sure you’re not missing any syrup).
- Continue mixing, if needed until the “dough” comes together. You should be able to pinch the dough with your fingers and have it easily stick together.*
- Use a cookie scoop or Tablespoon to measure out balls of dough.
- Roll energy bites between the palms of your hands to smooth out the edges.
- Place energy bites in an airtight container in a single layer.
- If drizzling with chocolate, gently melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small saucepan or in the microwave in 10-15 second bursts, stirring in between until the chocolate mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Use a small spatula, fork, or spoon to lightly drizzle the energy bites with chocolate. (Tip: keep your hand constantly moving so the chocolate doesn’t fall in large dollops)
- Cover and chill the energy bites until ready to enjoy.
*If your mixture seems a bit wet, add 1 Tbsp. oats and blend until it comes together. If the mixture seems a bit dry,
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peanut Butter Energy Bites, Vegan Peanut Butter Energy Bites, Healthy Peanut butter energy bites, peanut butter energy balls, chocolate peanut butter energy bites