- 1 1/2 cups pretzels or pretzel sticks (I use gluten free)
- 1 cup rolled oats (I use gluten free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (or more oats)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (can sub other nut/seed butters)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (can sub honey or agave)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (or more nut/seed butter)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I use dairy free)
- In a blender or food processor, pulse pretzels and oats 4-5 times (just enough to break them up. Not enough to turn them to flour). If you don’t have a food processer/blender, you can still make them. Put the pretzels and oats in a large zip-top bag and crunch them up using a rolling pin or the bottom of a cup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together peanut butter, syrup, coconut oil, chia seeds, and vanilla. Fold in pretzel/oat mixture, coconut, and chocolate chips. Stir until mixture is well combined. If mixture is a little dry, add a bit more syrup or coconut oil. If mixture feels a little too wet to handle, add a bit more coconut or crunched pretzels.
- Roll into 1″ balls (I usually get around 20-25 balls). Place on a plate lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate until no longer tacky (about 10-15 minutes), then transfer to an airtight container or zip-top bag.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week, or the freezer about 1 month.