Pear Pomegranate Salad – This pear and pomegranate salad has a beautiful mix of color and flavor. You’ll love the simple dressing that ties it all together! (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
FOR THE PEAR POMEGRANATE SALAD:
- 6–8 cups (about 5 oz.) spring mix (or your favorite greens)*
- 1 ripe pear, sliced or diced
- 1 apple, sliced or diced
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup candied or toasted nuts (pecans, almonds, pistachios or walnuts)
- Optional: 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
FOR THE SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or light-tasting olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
FIRST, MAKE THE DRESSING:
- In a bowl or jar, combine oil, vinegar, syrup, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Whisk until the mixture is combined (it may separate since you’re not using an emulsifier like mustard. Just stir it again!**)
- Set the dressing aside.
ASSEMBLE YOUR SALAD:
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Top with pear slices, apple slices, avocado slices, pomegranate arils, and your desired nuts. (And onion, if using.)
- Stir the dressing again, if needed. Drizzle salad with half of the dressing.
- Gently toss with two forks or salad tongs to combine, adding more dressing, as desired. (It will seem like a LOT of greens, but they will start to wilt once dressed.)
*This may feel like a LOT of greens, but they will begin to wilt once they’re coated in dressing. If you’re not planning to dress the entire salad at once, feel free to add less spring mix initially so the balance of greens to mix-ins feels right to you.
**If you want to add an emulsifier, you can add a bit (1/4-1/2 tsp.) of Dijon mustard or a *tiny* amount (less than 1/16th tsp.) of xanthan gum to the dressing. Emulsifiers help keep the dressing from separating.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pomegranate salad, pear pomegranate salad, pear and pomegranate salad