This gorgeous, healthy vegetable soup is the perfect thing to warm and fill you without weighing you down. (vegan and gluten free)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2–3 carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 8 oz. yellow potatoes, diced into small 1/2” pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup green beans, cut into small pieces
- 1 (15 oz.) can butter beans or Great northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ( 15 oz.) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2–3 Tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (*don’t use air packed)
- 3–4 Tablespoons pesto, plus more to serve
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1–2 cups water
- 1 cup cooked small pasta, such as ditalini, pastina, elbow macaroni, or mini shells (I use gluten free)
- Optional: fresh basil for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, potatoes, zucchini, and green beans. Cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until veggies are partially softened.
- Add canned tomatoes, beans, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in vegetable broth and water
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer the soup 15-2o minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
- Garnish with fresh basil or additional pesto.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pesto minestrone, vegetable soup, minestrone, minestrone soup