If you love breakfast burritos, you’ll LOVE breakfast tacos! These tasty breakfast tacos are made from crispy seasoned potatoes, scrambled eggs, and all your favorite goodies.
Note: Nutrition facts include seasoned potatoes, scrambled eggs, and 2 corn tortillas per person. All additional toppings are not included.
For the Potatoes:
- 1 1/2 lbs. Yukon gold or red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
For the Breakfast Tacos:
Prepare the Potatoes:
- In a large bowl, stir together diced potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir to coat well.
- Heat a 10-12″ skillet (cast-iron, if possible) over medium heat. Add potato mixture to the pan and cook, stirring every 4-5 minutes for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. (If your potatoes are browning more quickly than you like, you can reduce the heat a bit. Also – do let them rest on the pan in between stirring so they can develop that crispy exterior.)
- While the potatoes are cooking, you can cook scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage (if using), and prepare any toppings.
- Set out salsa, minced cilantro, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, black beans, etc.
- Warm your corn tortillas. (See notes below)
- Assemble tacos by layering a small amount of cooked potatoes and scrambled eggs in a corn tortilla. Top with your favorite toppings, such as cooked & crumbled bacon, sliced avocado, pico de gallo, salsa, cilantro, black beans, etc.
How to Warm Your Corn Tortillas –
- Gas stovetop: If you have a gas stove, you can simply char them right on the burner over the flame with a pair of metal tongs, then keep them warm in a clean, slightly damp kitchen towel.
- Oven: Alternatively, you can wrap them in a slightly damp kitchen towel and put them in the oven on a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees or so. (Or, simply use the leftover heat in the oven from baking your bacon.)
- Microwave: Lastly, you can even microwave them a few at a time wrapped in a damp paper towel for 30-60 seconds. Ain’t no shame in that game!
Keywords: breakfast tacos, potato and egg breakfast tacos, potato breakfast tacos, egg tacos, breakfast burritos