This dairy-free pumpkin spice hot chocolate is the perfect drink to cozy up with during cold weather. You’ll love the rich, chocolatey flavor and warm kiss of spice. (Paleo-Friendly)
For The Vegan Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (I recommend full-fat for the creamiest texture)
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite)
- 1/3 cup (2 oz.) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2–1 tsp. pumpkin spice (sometimes labeled pumpkin pie spice)
- tiny pinch (less than 1/8 tsp.) salt
For Garnish (Optional): Dairy-free whipped cream, shaved chocolate, mini chocolate chips, additional pumpkin spice, cinnamon sticks, chocolate sauce, etc.
- In a saucepan,* combine coconut milk, almond milk, chocolate chips, syrup, vanilla, 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Heat over medium-low to medium heat, stirring regularly with a whisk, until the chocolate is fully melted and the hot chocolate is steaming. (Try not to bring the mixture to a boil or simmer.)
- Taste, and add additional maple syrup for sweetness or pumpkin spice, as desired.
- Serve in mugs topped with your favorite garnishes!
*Alternatively, you can put all the ingredients in a microwave-safe pitcher or container and microwave in 30-second increments (whisking after each 30-seconds) until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-8 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pumpkin spice hot chocolate, vegan pumpkin hot chocolate, dairy free pumpkin spice hot chocolate, dairy-free pumpkin spice hot chocolate, paleo pumpkin spice hot chocolate