- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1″ pieces)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced (about 1″ pieces)
- 1 onion, diced (about 1″ pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (about 1″ pieces)
- 8oz mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 eggs
- 3–4 Tbsp milk or water*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- grated cheese*
- In a small bowl, toss sweet potato, potato, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and a good healthy pinch of salt and pepper. Toss with a small drizzle of olive oil and spread out into a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make scrambled eggs. Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat (coat with nonstick spray, olive oil, or butter if needed). While pan is heating, whisk together eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into the heated pan and cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until eggs are cooked through and set.
- Assemble breakfast burritos by layering roasted vegetables, scrambled eggs, black beans, a little grated cheese, and a little cilantro in the center of the tortilla. Fold top and bottom ends in toward the filling and roll the tortilla up. Serve with salsa.
*For a dairy free version, be sure to use water in place of milk and feel free to skip the cheese or to sub in a dairy-free cheese, like Daiya. For gluten-free, serve in gluten free brown rice tortillas.