The basic formula here is about 2 cups of veggies + 6-8 oz breakfast meat + 8-10 eggs + fresh herbs or seasonings as desired. See the notes for some suggestions!
- 6–8 oz sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, liquid slightly pressed out with paper towels or a dish cloth
- 1 cup shredded potatoes, blanched or microwaved 1-2 minutes to soften
- 8–10 eggs
- 3–4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray or grease an 8×8″ baking dish or deep pie dish.
- Add veggies to the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 8 together eggs with fresh herbs, 1 Tbsp water (you could use milk), and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the eggs. Eggs should JUST cover the veggies, with some of the veggies tops slightly poking out. If you need more egg, whisk 1-2 additional eggs and pour over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-25 minutes, or until the center is still ever so slightly wobbly. Allow to cool 10 minutes or so. The center should finish setting during those 10 minutes.
- Serve warm!
1. You can absolutely double this recipe for a 9×13 if you’re feeding a crowd
2. Sub any breakfast meat you like here. Just make sure you’ve cooked it. (cooke chorizo, Italian sausage, crumbled bacon, etc.) diced ham or cured prosciutto don’t need to be pre-cooked.
3. If you’re using frozen hash browns, you’ll want to thaw them before adding them to the pan
4. Sub any veggies you like here!