Sausage and Veggie Breakfast Bake – This cozy breakfast casserole is perfect for holidays, get-togethers, or meal prep. It reheats like a dream and tastes fantastic!
- 8 oz sausage
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (about 2 bell peppers)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups kale or spinach
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2–3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, brown sausage until cooked through. Set aside on a plate or bowl.
- While the sausage is cooking, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until super smooth. (You can even use an immersion blender if you want!)
- Add bell peppers, mushroom, onion, and greens to the same pan you used for cooking the sausage. Cook veggies 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Return sausage to pan and stir to toss with the vegetables.
- Pour sausage and veggies mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Add veggies to the bottom of the dish.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies and sausage.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is still just a *tiny* bit wobbly. Allow the breakfast bake to cool 10 minutes or so. (The center should finish setting during those 10 minutes.)
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and slice into 10-12 pieces. Serve warm!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sausage and veggie breakfast bake, sausage and vegetable breakfast bake, sausage and veggie breakfast casserole, sausage and vegetable breakfast casserole