For easier preparation, the brussels sprouts can be shredded ahead of time and kept in a zip-top bag or airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook them.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (if vegan, use 2 Tbsp olive oil and omit butter)
- zest and juice (at least 1-2 tsp) of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and saute 2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Add zest and 1-2 tsp lemon juice, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds over cooked sprouts and toss to coat. Taste and add salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice if desired, to taste.