Shrimp Fajita Bowls – We turned shrimp fajitas into a delicious bowl! Build them with all your favorites to make them gluten-free or paleo! (Gluten-Free + Paleo-Friendly)
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
TO BUILD YOUR BOWLS:
- Cauliflower rice, rice, salad greens, or polenta
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Pico de Gallo or Salsa
- Fresh Cilantro
- Black Beans or Charro Beans
- Lime Wedges
- In a medium bowl, stir together shrimp, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Add lime juice and 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Stir to coat the shrimp well. Let mixture rest for 5 minutes or so, while you slice the peppers and onions.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to your pan. Working in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan, cook the shrimp.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through and the shrimp has a tiny bit of char. Remove to a plate or bowl, and repeat with remaining shrimp, adding more oil to the pan as necessary. Add fresh cilantro to the cooked shrimp.
- When all the shrimp are cooked and removed from the pan, add peppers and onions to the pan. As they cook, you should be able to easily scrape up any browned bits from the pan, which will add flavor to the dish. If you need a little help with this, you can add 1 Tbsp of water to the pan, which will help anything stuck to lift off.
- Cook peppers and onions 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, or until they’re crisp-tender and coated with browned bits. Add shrimp and stir to toss. Squeeze lime juice over all and serve immediately.
- Serve in bowls with cauliflower rice, rice, salad greens, or polenta + top with your favorite toppings!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Shrimp Fajita Bowls, Shrimp Bowls, Shrimp Burrito Bowls, Fajita Bowls