My favorite homemade basil pesto! You won’t be missing anything with this fresh, flavorful vegan pesto. It’s gluten and dairy free, and it’s easily nut free!
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (or, additional pumpkin seeds)
- 3–4 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (add zest, too, for more lemon flavor)
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I prefer blender) and puree until very smooth and well mixed. Taste and add additional lemon juice, salt, or pepper, to taste.
- Pesto will keep in the refrigerator about 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: sauces, condiments
- Method: no cook, blender, food processor
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: pesto, vegan pesto, dairy free pesto, pumpkin seeds, cashews, basil, nut free pesto, homemade pesto