If you can’t find arrowroot, you can skip this step. It pulls everything together a bit, but you can do without it. Alternatively, you can use cornstarch in its place and let it cook for about 5 minutes to achieve the same result.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onions
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt (or, to taste)
- 2 tsp arrowroot + 1 Tbsp water (optional step)
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT arrowroot/water mixture in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Right before serving, stir together arrowroot and water. Stir into the mixture (it will immediately thicken up a bit). Serve over your favorite baked potato (white or sweet).
- Leftovers freeze like a dream!