Slow Cooker Chicken Curry – This yellow chicken curry is such a tasty crock pot dinner! You’ll LOVE the sauce! (Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30)
PS – It’s a bit rich, so we usually get 6 servings out of this (paired with sides). If you’ve got a bigger appetite, you may only get 4-5 servings.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced (I like red/purple onion)
- 1–2 Tbsp, finely minced jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 (13.5oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- Place chicken, onion, jalapeño, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt, and coconut milk in the crock of your slow cooker.
- Stir to combine the sauce a bit, then cover with the lid.
- Cook on HIGH 3-4 hours, or LOW 7-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, and mix back into the sauce with fresh herbs.
- Category: Main Dish, Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker, Crock Pot
- Cuisine: Indian, American
Keywords: slow cooker chicken curry, yellow chicken curry, crock pot chicken curry, chicken curry recipe, paleo curry, paleo chicken curry, gluten free chicken curry