Slow Cooker Spiced Pear Sauce. This easy pear sauce is super simple thanks to a slow cooker or Instant Pot. Set it, forget it, then enjoy it! (Paleo + Vegan + Whole30)
- 8 medium pears, cored and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- Place pears, water and spices in the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- For more rustic sauce: simply mash with a potato masher, leaving large pieces here and there.
- For super-smooth sauce: Let cool slightly, then work in batches to puree in a blender.* (Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender to puree.)
- Eat warm or cold!
FOR INSTANT POT PEAR SAUCE: Place diced pears, water, and spices in your Instant Pot. Cover, set the pressure valve to “SEALING” then pressure cook on manual for 10 minutes. Quick-release the steam, then mash or puree!
*When pureeing warm or hot liquids, work in batches so as not to over-fill blender. If possible, vent slightly and cover with a kitchen towel to prevent splatters.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 3-4 Hours
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker pear sauce, pear sauce, instant pot pear sauce, crock pot pear sauce, spiced pear sauce, slow cooker pear sauce recipe