This Smoky Chipotle Salsa rivals our favorite restaurant salsa and tastes good on EVERYTHING. Make it mild, medium, or spicy!
- 12 oz. tomatillos (peeled, if fresh or drained, if canned)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (14.5oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1–2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced (about 1–2 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- olive or avocado oil
- Place tomatillos and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil (or mist with spray oil) and broil for 5-8 minutes, turning over halfway through, until slightly blistered. Let cool slightly.
- Place tomatillos and onions in a blender with tomatoes, chipotle peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Pulse or puree until you reach the texture you prefer (if you like more texture, you can just pulse it to break it up a bit). Taste and add salt, as desired.
- Makes 3.5 cups
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: chipotle salsa, restaurant salsa, restaurant copycat salsa, smoky salsa