A delicious gluten free, paleo AND vegan stir fry recipe! If you don’t have a spiralizer, simply slice up the zucchini and add them to the stir fry with the carrots and bell peppers. If you’re not a zucchini fan, feel free to add 8oz cooked rice noodles instead.
For the stir-fry
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized (squeeze out some of the liquid with paper/kitchen towels)
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas (or snap peas, or broccoli)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2–3 Tbsp fresh cilantro (optional)
- coconut oil
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup gluten free tamari (or soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder (can use 1 Tbsp cornstarch instead)
- Mix up the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Taste sauce and add additional black pepper or syrup as desired.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add a little coconut oil (about 1 Tbsp) to the pan and heat.
- Add the carrots and bell peppers to the pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add snow peas, green onion and zucchini noodles and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the sauce and continue to stir while the sauce thickens (this should only take a minute or two). Immediately remove from heat and serve with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Category: main dish, vegetarian, vegan
- Method: stovetop, stir fry
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: zucchini noodles, zoodles, stir fry, black pepper sauce, vegan stir fry, gluten free stir fry, paleo stir fry