This easy strawberry salsa recipe is such a delightful change of pace. It’s a gorgeous blend of sweet & savory. You’ll love it!
- 1 lb. strawberries (1 pint), stems removed & finely chopped
- 2–4 Tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1–2 Tbsp. finely minced jalapeño*
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1/2–1 Tbsp. honey or agave (skip for Whole30)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8–1/4 tsp. pepper
- Prep Your Ingredients. If you haven’t already, prep your strawberries & other ingredients. Remove the stems of your strawberries and finely mince them. Then, minced the red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Combine In A Bowl. In a medium or large bowl, combine minced strawberries, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro, along with lime zest, lime juice, honey or agave, salt and pepper.
- Stir To Combine. Next, gently stir with a fork to combine the ingredients evenly.
- Let It Rest. Give the salsa at least 10 minutes or so, if possible, to allow the flavors to meld. You can also pop it in the refrigerator 1-2 hours if you like.
- Taste & Adjust. Take a small taste of the salsa to decide if it needs more honey (sweetness), lime juice (acidity), salt (saltiness/vibrance), or jalapeño (heat).
- Enjoy! Now, you’re ready to dive in with chips or serve it in tacos, burrito bowls, nachos, taco salads, etc. or serve with chicken, shrimp, or salmon.
- Store. Strawberry salsa will keep covered in the refrigerator 2-3 days. (It will get softer and juicier over time)
- To Make MILD Strawberry Salsa: Use a sharp knife to remove the seeds and white “ribs” on the inside of your jalapeño before mincing it. Only add a small amount to the salsa, then add more, if desired, depending on how spicy your jalapeño is.
- To Make SPICY Strawberry Salsa: Keep the heat in your jalapeño by leaving in the seeds and ribs. You can also increase the amount of jalapeño, adding 1/2 or a full jalapeño, depending on how spicy you want it!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Amercan
Keywords: strawberry salsa, strawberry salsa recipe, fruit salsa, fresh strawberry salsa