This strawberry spinach salad recipe is light, bright, and so easy! You’ll love the tangy dressing! (Vegan, Paleo)
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD:
- 6–8 cups (about 5 oz.) of spinach. (Or you can use half spring mix or half arugula)
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed, and sliced or halved
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1/3 cup salted pistachios
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced or finely minced (about 1/4 small red onion)
FOR THE SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey or agave (can sub maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or another neutral-tasting oil)
FIRST, MAKE THE DRESSING:
- In a bowl or jar, combine oil, vinegar, syrup, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Whisk until the mixture is combined (it may separate since you’re not using an emulsifier like mustard. Just stir it again!**)
- Set the dressing aside.
ASSEMBLE YOUR STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD:
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Top with strawberries, avocado slices, pistachios, and red onion.
- Stir the dressing again, if needed. Drizzle salad with half of the dressing.
- Gently toss with two forks or salad tongs to combine, adding more dressing, as desired. (It will seem like a LOT of greens, but they will start to wilt once dressed.)*
*If you’re serving the salad all at once, I suggest tossing the greens with the dressing first, then adding the other ingredients. This will help you keep the avocado from getting too mashed when mixing.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry spinach salad, strawberry salad, strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing