Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Soup – This savory sun-dried tomato bean soup comes together in no time, but tastes like it simmered all day! (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (can use olive oil from your sundried tomatoes)
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4oz mushrooms, finely minced (or about 2/3 cup diced zucchini)
- 4oz (about 1/2 jar) of sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, removed from the oil and finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1–2 tsp fresh rosemary or 1/4-1/2 tsp dried rosemary (can use basil or oregano instead)
- 1 (15oz) can fire roasted tomatoes (can sub regular)
- 2 (15oz) cans white beans (like Great Northern or cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth (if not vegan can also use chicken or beef)
- 2 cups spinach (can sub kale, chard, or other greens)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onion and sauté until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms (or zucchini) and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and rosemary (or other herbs) and a little salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, beans and broth. Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir in spinach to wilt.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, or herbs, to taste.
- Top with croutons!
Go green. Feel free to add whatever greens you like here. This is the perfect recipe for cleaning out your crisper. I most often use spinach (since I’m always trying to finish a bag of spinach), but kale, Swiss chard, and other greens work beautifully here.
Getting Herby. You can easily change the flavor of this soup by swapping out the herbs you use. This one pairs nicely with rosemary, basil, and oregano. I always prefer fresh herbs, but if you use dried, just use about ⅓ the amount since they’re more intense.
Try bacon. This is a meatless recipe, but let me just say that browning a few strips of bacon in the pan and adding them to the soup before the rest of the ingredients takes this to the next level. You’ve been warned.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sun Dried Tomato White Bean Soup, Sun-Dried Tomato White Bean Soup, White Bean Soup