Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet – This quick and easy recipe uses one simple shortcut and a whole lot of flavor to make a one-pan dinner the whole family will love. (Paleo & Gluten Free)
For the Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet:
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1lb. ground chicken breast (can sub ground turkey, beef, etc.)
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (I like a mix of colors)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (or 1 packet taco seasoning, such as Sprouts brand)
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, such as Sprouts brand (I don’t drain mine)
- 2–3 Tbsp salsa, such as Sprouts brand
- 1 (10-12 oz) package frozen cauliflower rice, such as Sprouts brand*
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Additional toppings (Optional):
- Heat olive oil in a 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Add onion and bell peppers and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the onions and peppers have softened slightly.
- Add green chiles, 2 Tbsp salsa, and diced tomato to the skillet. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Add cauliflower rice and water/broth to the skillet and stir carefully to mix together. Cook 5-7 minutes, or until liquid is mostly absorbed and the veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with your favorite taco toppings, like avocado, cilantro lime ranch, jalapeños, lettuce, cheese, etc.
- Category: Main Dish, Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex
Keywords: taco cauliflower rice, Tex-Mex cauliflower rice, cauliflower rice skillet, taco cauliflower rice skillet