Thai Quinoa Crunch Salad – This colorful quinoa salad is loaded with crunchy veggies and a creamy peanut dressing that just gets better with time. It’s the perfect meal prep lunch! (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
This recipe makes more dressing than you’ll probably leave. You can dress it all at once, or dress individual servings.
FOR THE THAI QUINOA SALAD:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers (I slice them in half lengthwise, then cut into slices)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 2 stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4–1/3 cup salted peanuts or cashews, roughly chopped
FOR THE THAI PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup lite canned coconut milk (can use full-fat or refrigerated instead)
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos*
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
FIRST, MAKE THE DRESSING:
- In a liquid measuring cup or a small bowl that can accommodate an immersion blender, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, tamari, syrup, and lime juice.
- Blend using an immersion blender or a whisk until as smooth as possible. (Blending with an immersion blender or small blender makes this easiest!)
- Set aside until ready to serve with salad. (Chill in the refrigerator if making in advance.)
THEN, MAKE THE SALAD:
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, green onion, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with about half of the peanut dressing and stir to combine, adding more as needed. (Or, dress individual servings right before serving. It’s up to you!)
- Garnish with chopped peanuts or cashews before serving.
- Salad will keep 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
*If you’re not gluten-free, feel free to use soy sauce instead of tamari or coconut aminos.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thai Quinoa Salad, Thai Crunch Quinoa Salad, Thai Quinoa Crunch Salad, Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad, Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing