- 5 1/2 – 6 cups certified gluten free crisp rice cereal
- 1 (10oz) package marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch coarse salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Line an 8×8 or 7×11 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Measure all ingredients and preheat the broiler (you’ll need to work quickly)
- Spread marshmallows out across the baking sheet and place under broiler for 1-3 minutes, or until toasted. If desired, try shaking or flipping over the marshmallows and return to the broiler for another 1-2 minutes to toast another side.
- Immediately place marshmallows in a large bowl with the coconut oil, and stir quickly to melt marshmallows. Stir in 5 1/2 cups rice cereal and continue stirring until cereal mixture is well coated with marshmallow mixture. If the mixture is a bit gooey, add the remaining 1/2 cup cereal.
- Press mixture into baking dish. For thinner treats, you can use a larger pan. Sprinkle with salt.
- Allow to cool and set, then cut into desired number of pieces. We can usually get 16-20 treats out of this recipe.