Thanksgiving Turkey Fruit Plate – This turkey-shaped Thanksgiving fruit platter looks adorable at holiday get-togethers and parties. It’s a favorite with kids and grown-ups alike! (Naturally gluten-free, vegan & paleo)
- 1 Pear (I like Bosc/brown pears best), halved
- 1 Pint (2 cups) strawberries, washed and halved
- 4–5 kiwi or golden kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2–3 apples, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 mini chocolate chips
- CHOOSE A PLATE, PLATTER, or BOARD. You can make your turkey fruit plate as large or small as you like. Feel free to make a mini board for an afternoon snack, or a giant platter for your Thanksgiving feast. I love this 12.5″ round bowl/plate from Crate & Barrel. It has nice high sides, which helps keep the fruit in place.
- CUT A PEAR IN HALF. You’ll start with the turkey. If you haven’t already, cut a pear in half lengthwise (so it will lay flat on the plate). Place at the bottom center of the plate to act as the turkey’s body (as shown in the photos).
- WORK IN CURVED ROWS. Now that the turkey is on the plate and your fruit is washed, sliced, and prepped, you can work to build curved rows around the body of the turkey. I recommend single layers of fruit at first, so you can adjust or move them easily to be the right shape. For my turkey fruit plate, I added strawberries, then orange slices, then kiwi slices, then apple slices.
- ADD ADDITIONAL DEPTH. Once the first layer of fruit is down, you can fill in each row with additional depth by adding more fruit on top of each layer. In my plate, I fill in any gaps in the strawberry section with raspberries. Then, I add additional sliced oranges, kiwi, and apples to those layers to fill things in.
- MAKE A CUTE TURKEY FACE. For a finishing touch, you can make a little face on your turkey! I like to cut a small triangle from one of the ends of my sliced oranges for the beak (though a little piece of carrot or orange bell pepper can also do the job). Then, I use a toothpick or skewer to poke two small holes for the eyes and fill them in with mini chocolate chips. You can use full-size chocolate chips or eyeball sprinkles if you prefer! Feel free to add a red wattle made from strawberry, red apple, or red bell pepper.
MIX IT UP! Feel free to swap in any fruits you like and leave out any you don’t like. Additionally, you can make this even larger by adding more fruit or smaller by adding less.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey fruit plate, turkey fruit platter, thanksgiving fruit plate, thanksgiving fruit platter, fall fruit platter, fall fruit plate