Soaking the cashews ahead of time will help make the cashews more easily digestible and will lend itself to that velvety texture you’re looking for here. If you don’t have a high speed blender, you can still make this smoothie. You’ll just need to be patient, and scrape down the sides of your blender regularly. If you do have a high speed blender, you don’t *have* to soak the cashews, but I still recommend it if you have time.
- 1/2–3/4c almond milk (more, if needed)
- 2–3 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked 30 mintues-8 hours if possible
- 1 cup kale leaves, tough stems and ribs removed (or spinach, if you prefer)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- Place all ingredients in blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of your blender and adding additional almond milk as needed. When mixture is very smooth, taste and add additional syrup if needed.
- Makes 2 servings (or up to 4 small child-sized ones)