- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2–2 1/2 cups water or chicken broth (if not vegan)
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked ahead of time
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste (the salt is pretty key here, so be a bit generous)
- Place the cauliflower and broth or water In a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer and cook until cauliflower is tender. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cauliflower from the cooking liquid.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Transfer cauliflower, garlic, cashews, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 cups of the cauliflower cooking liquid to a blender. Add plenty of salt and puree until very smooth. Add additional cooking liquid until you’ve reached your desired consistency. I like mine fairly thin so that it doesn’t feel too heavy.
- Taste and add additional salt or pepper, to taste.
- Serve with 12-16oz of pasta