This Vegan Broccoli Salad will be a hit with EVERYONE at picnics and barbecues. It’s tangy, sweet, and totally delicious!
For the Salad:
- 12–16oz (6-8 cups) broccoli florets
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely minced
For the Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil, like Queen Creek Olive Mill Balanced Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (such as Queen Creek Olive Mill)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2–1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
Make the Salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, grapes, raisins, and onions. (If serving immediately, add almonds. If serving later, set almonds aside until time to serve.)
- Drizzle on enough dressing to coat. (You likely won’t need quite all of the dressing). Stir to combine.
- Add almonds right before serving!
Make Poppy Seed Dressing:
- In a jar or liquid measuring cup, whisk together oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Almonds – I really love the smokey flavor of smoked almonds and *highly* recommend using them if you can find them. If you can’t or don’t want them, I recommend using toasted almonds.
Make Ahead Tips – You can assemble the salad with dressing several hours (4-5 hours) before serving. The broccoli will soften slightly and absorb some of the dressing (I love it this way). Just save the almonds until right before serving so they maintain their crunch. Or, you can make the dressing a day or two ahead of time.
- Category: Side Dish, Salad
- Cuisine: American