This dairy-free frozen hot chocolate is frosty, creamy, and so delicious with a swirl of whipped cream and some chocolate on top. You won’t want to miss it!
FOR THE VEGAN FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE:
- 3 1/2 cups almond milk, divided*
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I prefer full-fat)
- 4 oz (2/3) cup chocolate chips (vegan/dairy-free as needed)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. (or a tiny pinch) of salt
- Dairy-free whipped cream, chocolate sauce, mini chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, sprinkles, maraschino cherries, etc.
- Pour 2 cups of almond milk into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. (This works best overnight. You’ll end up with about 3 cups of ice cubes.)
- When you’re ready to make the frozen hot chocolate, melt 1/2 cup coconut milk and chocolate chips in a medium bowl in the microwave until smooth and glossy, stirring every 20-30 seconds until the chocolate is melted. Let it cool slightly.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into a blender, pure maple syrup, vanilla, a pinch of salt, 1 1/2 cups almond milk, and the almond milk ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and frosty, scraping down the sides 1-2 times as you go.
- Pour into glasses and top with your favorite garnishes, like dairy-free whipped cream + chocolate.
*If you’re not using almond milk ice cubes, you’ll just need to use 3 cups of ice + 1 1/2 cups almond milk in the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy frozen hot chocolate, vegan frozen hot chocolate, dairy-free frozen hot chocolate, paleo frozen hot chocolate