Vegetarian Fried Rice – This healthy fried rice recipe is loaded with colorful veggies and delicious flavor. Serve as a side with all your favorites! (Vegan-Friendly, Gluten-Free)
- 3–4 cups cooked, cooled rice (white or brown)
- 1/2–1 Tbsp. Avocado oil (can sub butter or coconut oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2–3 carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (don’t thaw)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (don’t thaw)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2–4 Tbsp. Gluten-free tamari (ideally low-sodium) or coconut aminos
- Optional, for serving: chopped cilantro, sriracha, sunny-side up eggs, or crispy tofu.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and carrots and cook 3-4 minutes or till softened slightly.
- Add frozen peas, frozen corn, green onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook 1 minute more.
- Add rice and 2 Tbsp. Tamari. Cook just 1-2 minutes longer, stirring to coat the rice in the sauce and adding more sauce, as desired until the rice is coated to your liking.
- Serve with goodies like cilantro, siraracha, eggs, or tofu.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegetarian fried rice, vegan fried rice, healthy fried rice, gluten-free fried rice