If you’re not dairy free, feel free to use 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk in place of the almond milk + cider vinegar. Also, feel free to change up what berries you use, or try substituting crushed freeze-dried peaches or mangos instead.
- 1c rice flour (we’ve tried sweet rice, white rice, and brown rice with good results)
- 1/2c potato starch (be sure to use starch not potato flour)
- 1/4c tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4c coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/3–1/2 cup crushed freeze-dried berries (we used 1/4c raspberries and 1/4c blueberries)
- In a small bowl, combine almond milk and cider vinegar. Allow to sit for a few minutes while you mix up the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt.
- Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and eggs to the almond milk mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until no lumps remain. Stir in crushed berries.
- Cook according to your waffle maker’s directions. Makes about 8-10 waffles.