You can absolutely use fresh berries in place of frozen here. No need to modify the recipe at all, just proceed as directed!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, such as Sprouts brand
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, such as Sprouts brand
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, such as Sprouts brand
- 1 cup (or more) baby spinach, such as Sprouts brand
- 1–2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup orange juice
- water, as needed. (I usually use between 3/4-1 cup)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and puree until completely smooth. Pour into popsicle molds, insert sticks, and freeze until completely solid, about 3-4 hours.
- **If you don’t have a popsicle mold: Fill paper cups 2/3 full and freeze 30-45 minutes, or until starting to harden but still soft. Insert sticks (this way they won’t slip around in the liquid) and continue to freeze until completely solid, about 3 hours.
- **If you don’t have a high-speed blender: Puree the spinach and chia seeds together with the liquid first to help break down the spinach. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until completely smooth.