- 3 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- Juice and Zest of 1 lime
- 2–4 Tbsp honey or agave, to taste
- 3–5 leaves fresh mint (more, to taste)
- 1–2 cups water (or sparkling water, like lime La Croix)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree until as smooth as possible, adding more water (or La Croix) as necessary. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds, then pour into a popsicle mold. Insert sticks and freeze until completely solid, about 3-4 hours.
Don’t like mint? No worries. You can easily leave it out to make these blackberry limeade popsicles. I’m not huge on mint, but I really like it with berries like this. It’s not enough to be minty, just enough to brighten up the other flavors.
Fresh or Frozen. You can use fresh or frozen berries for this recipe. Whichever you have!
Do I really have to strain it? I think so. I’ve tried making them without straining (to keep the fiber from the seeds), and they were SO seedy (even with the blending power of my Blendtec) that the texture was pretty unpalatable for me. If you don’t want to completely get rid of the seeds, I recommend straining at least half of the mixture. It’s a step worth taking!