Watermelon Slushie – These frosty watermelon slushies are made from whole-food ingredients and taste AMAZING. So refreshing on a hot day! (Paleo, Vegan)
- 4 cups frozen watermelon*
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime worth)
- 2–3 mint leaves (optional)
- 1 cup water or sparkling water
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, agave, or sugar (if needed)
- Place frozen watermelon cubes in blender. Let them sit 5-10 minutes to soften before blending. (This will make it easier on your blender)
- Add lime juice, mint leaves, and water.
- Blend 30-60 seconds until the mixtures is slushy and there are no large chunks, pausing every 30 seconds or so to scrape down the sides.
- Taste and add sweetener, if needed, and pulse to blend in the sweetener.
- Serve right away for best results!
*HOW TO FREEZE WATERMELON. To freeze watermelon for watermelon slushies, I dice it up (smaller dices are better for blending), measure it out, and then spread the cubes out onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat (so they don’t’ stick to the metal pan and don’t freeze together in one giant clump). After 1-2 hours, you can transfer the watermelon cubes to a bag to continue freezing if you like. I recommend at least 4-5 hours (overnight is better!) for the best frosty finish
BERRY VARIATION: Add 1 cup of blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries to your watermelon slushie. Frozen berries will help keep that frosty texture, but you can also use fresh if you like!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon slushie, watermelon slushy, watermelon icee, watermelon frosty, watermelon slushies, healthy watermelon slushie