Watermelon Star Sparklers + Lime Yogurt Dip – Watermelon stars and blueberries combine to make these fun, patriotic fruit sparklers. They’re a perfect, easy snack or summer side dish. (Naturally Paleo, Vegan & Gluten-Free)
FOR THE WATERMELON STAR SPARKLERS:
- 3–4 round slices seedless watermelon
- Fresh blueberries
- A star-shaped cookie cutter (or small knife)
- Wooden Skewers (I like 6″ skewers, but you can use 10-12″ if you like)
OPTIONAL, FOR LIME YOGURT FRUIT DIP:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, dairy-free as needed
- 1 tsp. honey or agave
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. fresh lime zest
- 1 tsp. lime juice
FOR THE WATERMELON STAR SKEWERS:
- If you haven’t already, cut a few round slices of watermelon (when the watermelon is whole, slice widthwise (the short way) to cut the watermelon into rounds. Ideally, you want to cut the slices the same thickness as your cookie cutter. (if your cutter is 1″ deep, cut 1″ slices, for instance.)
- Use a star cookie cutter to cut star shapes out of the watermelon rounds. I’ve found it’s easiest to cut the star shapes if I use a plate or cutting board to press down on the cookie cutter rather than using my hands.
- Repeat, and set stars aside until you have enough to make the number of sparklers you’d like to make. (You’ll need 1 per sparkler)
- Thread blueberries onto your skewers (I usually do at least 4-5, but if you have long skewers, you can do them as far down as you like!). Reserve 1″ space at the top of the skewer for the watermelon stars.
- Add stars to the top of the skewers and repeat until all the skewers are assembled.
- Chill until you’re ready to serve!
FOR THE OPTIONAL LIME YOGURT DIP:
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, honey/agave, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Stir to combine well. Taste and add additional honey, lime zest or lime juice, as desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watermelon Star Sparklers, Fruit Sparklers, Watermelon Blueberry Sparklers, Watermelon fruit skewers