If you love classic wedge salad at restaurants, you’ll love making your own at home! Our easy wedge salad recipe has a creamy parmesan dressing and delicious toppings like juicy tomatoes, smoky bacon, and fresh herbs.
For the Parmesan Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For The Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4–6 wedges
- 4–6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2–1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon minced chives
- Optional: crumbled blue cheese, salt, and pepper for garnish
For The Parmesan Dressing:
- Combine. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine.
- Taste & Adjust. Taste the dressing and add more salt, pepper, lemon juice or parmesan as desired.
- Think If Desired. If the dressing seems too thick, you can thin it out with some water, milk, or buttermilk 1 teaspoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve and Store. Use right away or chill to store. Dressing will keep in the fridge up to 1 week. For best results, make the dressing a few hours (up to 1 day) in advance to let the flavors develop.
Prep The Lettuce:
- Wash The Lettuce. Start by washing the outside of the lettuce.
- Remove the outer layers of lettuce (any outer leaves that looks wilted, damaged, or extra dirty).
- Trim off the tip of the stem, if needed (this sometimes looks an almost rusty-brown). Don’t cut off the whole stem end, just the rusty-looking tip.
- Use a long knife to cut the lettuce in half top to bottom, through the stem end.
- Cut each half into 2-3 wedges (3 for a large head of lettuce, or 2 for small).
- Gently rinse each wedge of lettuce, letting the water run between the layers of lettuce to rinse them out. Drain extra water and set aside.
- Serve or store. Use the wedges right away for wedge salad, or store in a zip-top bag in the fridge with a paper towel to absorb any excess liquid.
For The Wedge Salad:
- Build Your Salads. For each salad, drizzle a wedge of lettuce with parmesan dressing, sprinkle with bacon, tomatoes, and chives, as desired. Feel free to garnish with extra salt, pepper, or some blue cheese.
If you’re not planning to serve all the salads at once, just store the wedges of lettuce in a large zip top bag in the fridge. Store the dressing and toppings separately so the lettuce doesn’t get soggy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: wedge salad recipe, wedge salad with parmesan dressing