Apple Cider Caramel Sauce – This cider caramel tastes like liquid fall! Drizzle it over ice cream, apple crisp, sliced apples, cake, and more! (Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or vegan butter
- 1/8–1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch salt (less than 1/8 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- In a large saucepan, whisk together apple cider and cornstarch.
- Add brown sugar, butter/vegan butter, 1/8 tsp. cinnamon, and salt.
- Melt over medium heat and whisk until the mixture comes up to a boil.
- Boil 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens. (It should take on a glossy appearance.)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let cool slightly and taste. Add more cinnamon, if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cider caramel, apple cider caramel, cider caramel sauce, vegan cider caramel, apple cider caramel sauce