Autumn Squash Soup – We recreated the Panera squash soup recipe so you can make it at home! This creamy squash soup has the perfect blend of spices and is sure to warm you up on a chilly day. (Paleo, Vegan-Friendly)
For the Autumn Squash Soup:
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, ghee, vegan butter, or olive oil
- 6–8 cups diced butternut squash (from 1 medium butternut squash—about 3 pounds before peeling/dicing)
- 3 carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (can sub cream or half and half, if desired)
- Heat butter or oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
- Add squash, carrots, and onion and cook about 10 minutes, or until starting to soften.
- Add brown sugar, salt, curry powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cayenne. Stir and cook 1-2 minutes more, or until the spices are fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, apple cider, and broth. Stir to combine well, then bring the soup to a simmer.
- Simmer at least 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is tender enough to mash easily with a fork.
- Stir in the coconut milk and remove from heat.
- Purée in the pot using an immersion (stick) blender (the easiest method), or work in batches to purée the soup in a traditional blender (which will give you the smoothest results). If blending in a regular blender, work carefully and slowly, letting the soup cool slightly and working in small batches to purée. (Do not fill the blender more than 1/2 full and cover the blender with a towel to prevent splatters).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Autumn squash soup, Panera squash soup, squash soup recipe, Panera squash soup copycat, Panera copycat squash soup