Baked Chicken Taquitos – Homemade taquitos are so easy! We love these crispy, crunchy chicken taquitos. The filling is so good! (gluten free, dairy free)
- 2 1/2–3 cups cooked shredded chicken (about 12 oz cooked, shredded chicken)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8–1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder, optional (this will give them some kick!)
- 3–4 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon your favorite salsa (red or green)
- about 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- olive oil or cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with spray olive oil or brush with olive oil.
- Make filling by stirring together chicken, spices, cilantro, and salsa. Stir to combine. The mixture should not be very wet (they’ll roll better and stay together better if the filling isn’t very wet).
- To assemble, warm tortillas slightly (I wrap 6 at a time in a damp paper towel or kitchen cloth and microwave about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can wrap them in a damp towel and put them in a warm oven for about 5 minutes or so, or individually warm them in a pan on the stovetop.
- For each taquito, spoon about 3-4 Tbsp of the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla. Gently roll up as tightly as you can and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- When all taquitos are rolled, brush the tops with a little olive oil or mist lightly with spray olive oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown. Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole, or taco toppings!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: baked chicken taquitos, chicken taquitos, gluten-free taquitos, gluten-free chicken taquitos, baked taquitos