BLT Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing – We unpacked all the classic flavors of a BLT sandwich and put it into a salad. This main dish salad is always a crowd pleaser! (Gluten free, dairy free)
For the Gluten Free Croutons
- 6 Slices gluten free bread, diced
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Optional: 1 Tbsp fresh herbs (like rosemary) or 1 tsp dried herbs (like dill or rosemary)
For the Salad:
- Croutons (see above)
- 12oz smoked bacon (I like uncured/nitrate free)
- 8–10oz chopped romaine lettuce
- 8–10oz grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onions, sliced
- 3–4 Tbsp fresh herbs, such as cilantro (can sub parsley or basil)
- To serve: Ranch Dressing or your favorite salad dressing
First, cook your bacon and make the croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Get out 2 baking sheets and line one with foil.
- Arrange slices of bacon on the foil-lined baking sheet closely together but not overlapping.
- Put bacon in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until bacon has reached your desired crispness.
- Right after you pop the bacon in the oven, start on the croutons. In a large bowl, combine diced bread, olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs (if using).
- Stir to coat well and spread the bread out on the remaining baking sheet. Give the baking sheet a shake to distribute the bread well. (You don’t want any large clumps)
- Put the croutons in the oven with the cooking bacon and bake croutons 10-15 minutes, or until they’re golden. I like to stir my croutons halfway through the cook time to allow them to cook evenly.
- Let croutons cool slightly and crumble the crisped bacon for your salad.
When the bacon and croutons are done, assemble your salad:
- Add lettuce to a large bowl.
- Top with croutons, crisped & crumbled bacon, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and stir to coat.
- Category: Main Dish, Salad
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: BLT Salad, Main Dish salad, BLT, gluten free croutons, ranch dressing, gluten free, dairy free