The BEST Paleo Ranch Dressing – This yummy paleo ranch comes together in 5 minutes or less and tastes good on just about everything! Come see how easy it is! (Gluten free, paleo, Whole30 approved)
Welcome today 2 of our virtual Snack Camp! You can sign up here if you want to join us!
I know I’ve said it before, but I’m WAY more likely to eat more veggies when I have a yummy dip or dressing with them. Ranch dressing is a staple, and when we went gluten and dairy free 6 years ago, paleo ranch dressing became a staple at our house.
This creamy homemade ranch dressing (or dip!) is dairy free and delicious on basically EVERYTHING. We make a new batch every week or so (it’s easy to make a half batch, too!) and it’s always a big hit. SO many of you have enjoyed this recipe over the years, I wanted to give it a fresh makeover with new photos, updated directions, and a recipe video tutorial to go with it.
Here’s what goes into our FAVORITE paleo ranch dressing recipe…
Ingredients For Paleo Ranch Dressing & Whole30 Ranch Dressing:
My recipe for paleo ranch dressing is an easy one, made with a handful of staple ingredients that are easy to keep on hand, such as:
- PALEO MAYO. Usually this means avocado oil mayonnaise. You can buy several brands in the stores these days. This one and this one are two I often choose. (This one is really tasty but not strictly paleo) (You can also make your own. I used to have a tutorial for the mayo here, but found that my friend Cassie explains it much better than I ever did–complete with video!–using the same method I love. Here’s how to make your own paleo approved mayo.)
- NONDAIRY MILK OR WATER. To thin the mayo out a bit, you’ll add a splash of dairy free milk or water. For milk, my two faves are unsweetened cashew milk (thinner, with a super neutral flavor) or canned coconut milk, which is much creamier (and doesn’t make it taste coconut-y). Water also works, and I use it almost all the time.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. I like the kind with “the mother” in it. The mother is basically strands of proteins, enzymes and gut-friendly bacteria that give cider vinegar that murky look. Braggs or this one are my two faves.
- FRESH HERBS (OR DRIED HERBS). I love making this with fresh dill. 1 Tbsp gives lots of fresh flavor and some pretty flecks of color, but I use dried dill more often than not. For dried dill, you use 1/3 the amount of fresh. (So 1 tsp dried dill = 1 Tbsp fresh dill)
- PANTRY SEASONINGS. Really basic, but great flavor comes from garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
7 Yummy Ways To Enjoy This Paleo Ranch Dressing:
Paleo ranch is truly good on almost everything. Our family isn’t paleo, but we are 100% gluten-free, so some of our favorites are gluten-free but not paleo-approved. Try this ranch…
- DRIZZLED ON SALADS. Obvious, but true. This ranch is great with all kinds of salads (like this one!). Mix and match your favorite proteins and veggies and drizzle with paleo ranch. Instant delicious lunch or dinner!
- AS A DIP WITH VEGGIES. Everyone at my house is more likely to eat veggies when there’s something yummy to dip them in. This paleo ranch is a classic for kids and adults alike. It always goes well on a crudite plate at a party, and no one even realizes its paleo.
- ON BUFFALO CHICKEN BURGERS. Our paleo & Whole30-friendly Buffalo Chicken burgers are delicious with a drizzle of paleo ranch on top!
- WITH CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES. The combination of these Crispy Smashed Potatoes and the creamy ranch will change your life. This recipe is Whole30 approved and fantastic if you include potatoes in your diet.
- SERVED WITH CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS. We love this with our Gluten Free Crispy Chicken Tenders, Paleo Almond Flour Chicken Tenders, and our Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders. Drizzle, dunk, or dip those chicken tenders!
- SPREAD ON SANDWICHES OR WRAPS. Swap your regular mayo for this paleo ranch! It’s fantastic on all kinds of sandwiches and wraps.
- IN CHICKEN SALAD AVOCADO CUPS. One of my favorite recipes ever. I love this Ranch BLT Chicken Salad and scooping it into lettuce cups or avocado cups makes it extra amazing.
FAQ + Tips For The Best Paleo Ranch Every Time
HOW LONG WILL HOMEMADE MAYO STAY FRESH? If you’re using store-bought mayonnaise, this paleo ranch will easily keep for a week. If you’re using homemade mayo, I recommend going through it in closer to 4-5 days, if you can.
WHOLE30? READ THIS! To make this as Whole30 ranch dressing, you need to be sure your mayo is Whole30 compliant (no soy, no added sugar, etc.) This brand and this brand are approved. (Or, you can follow the tutorial I linked above for making your own!)
CAN YOU LIGHTEN THIS RECIPE UP? If you’re not paleo (or include dairy in your diet), you can swap half the mayo for plain unsweetened Greek or grass-fed yogurt. It’ll be tangy and creamy and delicious!
CAN YOU MAKE IT VEGAN? You bet! Swap your favorite veganaise in place of the mayonnaise below. (Note: it probably won’t be paleo approved in this case)
Post, photos, and recipe updated June 2019. Originally posted March 2015.