Breakfast Cauliflower Rice with Bacon & Mushrooms – This Bacon Mushroom Cauliflower rice is such a delicious way to start the day. Just add an egg and it’s one amazing low-carb breakfast! (Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30)
- 4–6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced (about 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 a small onion)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (10-12oz.) bag of cauliflower rice (I like frozen)
- 1/3 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 2–3 cups loosely packed spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by crisping the bacon. Add bacon pieces to a medium saute pan and cook over medium heat until browned and crisped to your preference, about 8-10 minutes. Remove crisped bacon and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 Tbsp. bacon fat from the pan (leaving 2 Tbsp. bacon fat in the pan). Alternatively, you can discard all of it and add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to the pan instead.
- Add mushrooms and onion to the pan and cook in the bacon fat 4-5 minutes over medium heat, until mushrooms are turning golden and onion has softened.
- Add cauliflower rice and broth and stir, cooking 3-4 minutes, or until cauliflower rice has softened.
- Add garlic, spinach, salt and pepper and stir an additional 2-3 minutes, or until spinach has wilted.
- Return crisped bacon to the pan and stir to combine. Serve as a side dish, or top with eggs or sausages.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Breakfast, Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast Cauliflower Rice, Bacon Cauliflower Rice, Mushroom Cauliflower Rice, Spinach Cauliflower Rice