This Banana Chai Smoothie is so delicious! With it’s thick, creamy texture and warm spices, it’s one of our favorites all year long! (Paleo, Vegan)
For The Chai Spice:
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. cardamom
- 1/2 Tbsp. ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp. cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
For Chai Spice Banana Smoothie:
- 1 tsp chai spice mixture (above)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced*
- 1– 1 1/2 cup milk (I like unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter or nut butter
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed or chia seeds (optional)
For the chai spice mixture:
- Combine all spices together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
For The Chai Spice Banana Smoothie:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk as necessary. Drink immediately, or freeze in popsicle molds.
- Feel free to top with chopped nuts, cacao nibs, or any other goodies your heart desires.
If your bananas just aren’t that ripe, you may need to add just a small drizzle of pure maple syrup to the mixture. I’ve made this over and over and only needed it once.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chai spice banana smoothie, chai banana smoothie,