If your bananas just aren’t that ripe, you may need to add just a small drizzle of pure maple syrup to the mixture. I’ve made this over and over and only needed it once.
For chai spice mixture:
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp chai spice mixture (above)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1– 1 1/2 cup milk (I like unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter or nut butter
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed or chia seeds (optional)
For the chai spice mixture:
- Combine all spices together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
For the smoothie:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk as necessary. Drink immediately, or freeze in popsicle molds.
- Feel free to top with chopped nuts, cacao nibs, or any other goodies your heart desires.