- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal (I use gluten free oats)
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2-3 tsp chai spice mixture (see below)
For chai spice mixture:
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Place the oats, nuts, and seeds on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until just toasted. Let cool completely.
- While the oats and nuts are toasting, make the chai spice blend. In a small jar or bowl, stir together spices (or shake to combine).
- When the oats are cool and the spice blend is assembled, place oat & nut mixture, raisins, and chai spice mixture into a food processor or blender. Pulse until fairly fine. (I like mine to have a little bit of texture, but you can pulse until smooth and floury.)
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- !To prepare a serving in the microwave:
- Scoop 1/4 cup hot cereal mixture in a bowl with 1/3-1/2 cup water. Microwave 1 minute. Stir in almond milk (or milk of choice), and any desired toppings.
- !To prepare a family-size portion on the stovetop:
- Scoop 1/4 cup hot cereal mixture and 1/2 cup water per person into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir regularly, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the cereal is cooked through to your desired consistency. Stir in milk and desired toppings.