A fun childhood favorite from my grandma! These freeze and reheat well, too, so feel free to make a double batch!
- 1 (14oz) can chili, or about 2 cups homemade chili
- 1 (14oz) can refried beans, or about 2 cups homemade
- grated cheddar (or other) cheese
- flour tortillas (gluten free, as needed)
- In a medium saucepan, combine chili and refried beans.
- Heat and stir until well mixed. Turn off heat.
- Scoop about 1/3c bean mixure onto the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Fold tortilla into a pentagon shape (or square, if that’s easier!).
- Heat a pan (or panini press or grill pan) over medium heat.
- Place each star fold side down on a pan (or panini press or grill pan) and cook until golden on both sides.
- Feel free to serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.