Deeply chocolate cookies peeking through a powdered sugar coating. This childhood favorite is loved by kids + grown-ups!
- 3/4c oil
- 3/4c cocoa
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2c flour
- about 1 c powdered sugar
- Mix oil, cocoa, and sugar until it’s about the texture of wet sand. Stir in one egg at a time, making sure to incorporate each egg. Stir in vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Sift in flour and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight. Form into 1″ balls. Roll each in powdered sugar to coat well. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, covered with parchment, or lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Cookies will still look slightly dough-y. Don’t overbake them! Leave them on the warm pan 1-2 minutes and the heat will continue to set the cookies. When cookies are set enough to move, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 4.5-5 dozen cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookies