Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Deeply chocolate cookies peeking through a powdered sugar coating. This childhood favorite is loved by kids + grown-ups!
I hope I don’t sound like the boy who cried wolf, but these chocolate crinkle cookies really are change-your-life fantastic. TRY THEM.
They’re gloriously chocolaty, the powdered sugar crinkle effect is so elegant, and I just can’t help but love them.
Notes on the Recipe:
- Gluten Free Notes – I have made these with 1-to-1 flour (like Bob’s Red Mill or Cup4Cup), and find that I need to had a few tablespoons LESS flour. Simply remove about 3 Tbsp flour from your measuring cup and go from there.
- High Altitude Notes: I have found that when I live at a higher altitude that I need to add an extra 3-4Tbsp flour to the recipe to achieve the proper crackle effect when baking the cookies. If you find you’re having a hard time getting the right effect, try adding a few tablespoons of flour to the batter and see how it goes.
- When to Take Them Out of the Oven – Also, don’t be afraid if when you take the cookies out they still look a little wet in the middle when you take them out of the oven. They finish setting as they cool and will be soft and delicious if you bake them this way.
CRAVING MORE COOKIES? TRY:Print
Deeply chocolate cookies peeking through a powdered sugar coating. This childhood favorite is loved by kids + grown-ups!
- 3/4c oil
- 3/4c cocoa
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2c flour
- about 1 c powdered sugar
- Mix oil, cocoa, and sugar until it’s about the texture of wet sand. Stir in one egg at a time, making sure to incorporate each egg. Stir in vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Sift in flour and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight. Form into 1″ balls. Roll each in powdered sugar to coat well. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, covered with parchment, or lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Cookies will still look slightly dough-y. Don’t overbake them! Leave them on the warm pan 1-2 minutes and the heat will continue to set the cookies. When cookies are set enough to move, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 4.5-5 dozen cookies.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookies