Cinnamon Churro Popcorn – This easy cinnamon popcorn almost tastes like biting into a warm churro or cinnamon roll. It’s a simple, delicious treat you can whip up in no time! (Gluten free & vegan friendly)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (about 8 cups popped popcorn)
- 4 Tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar (can sub brown or white sugar)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, such as Sprouts brand
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
Pop Your Popcorn:
- Place 1/4 cup popcorn kernels in a paper lunch sack. Fold the top over twice to seal and place seam side down in the microwave. Microwave 2 minutes or until no more kernels are popping when you count to 3.
- Immediately remove popcorn from bag and allow to cool in a large bowl.
- Repeat with remaining 1/4 cup kernels (you can re-use the same bag).
- Allow all popcorn to be cool enough to handle, and remove and discard any un-popped kernels.
Make the Cinnamon-Sugar Topping:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone baking mat.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt butter and coconut sugar together over low heat just until the mixture is smooth and the sugar dissolves. (Don’t boil.) Your mixture may seem like it won’t come together. Just continue to whisk and stir and it will, as the sugar dissolves. Coconut sugar just takes a few minutes longer than white/brown.
- When the sugar is dissolved (and no longer grainy), stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over your popped popcorn and stir with a spatula to coat as well as you can.
- Spread the coated popcorn out on your prepared baking sheet and shake to even it out a bit (you don’t want large clumps stuck together or stacked on top of one another).
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes for even baking.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Cool & enjoy!
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon popcorn, popcorn recipe, churro popcorn,