I like mine on the more heavily herbed side, but if you’re nervous, start small. Similarly, you can add more or less milk as desired, depending on how thick you’d like your ranch. I like it thicker for dipping and thinner for drizzling.
- 1 avocado, peel and pit removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or vegannaise
- 1/4–1/2 cup milk (I use canned coconut milk – and no, it doesn’t add coconut flavor)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh dill (or 1–2 tsp dried)
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste (add plenty!)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until completely smooth. Taste and add more herbs, salt, or pepper, to taste.
- (You can also make this with an immersion blender)
- To store, transfer to an airtight container. Press plastic wrap onto the surface, then seal with the lid. (The plastic wrap will keep it from browning). Ranch will keep in the refrigerator 2-4 days.