Let’s make the BEST glazed carrots. This easy seasoned carrots recipe has a sticky sweet glaze you’ll love. Perfect for busy weeknights or your holiday table!
- 2 pounds of carrots, peeled and ends cut off
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup!)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (kosher salt)
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prep Carrots. If you haven’t already, peel the carrots, wash them thoroughly, then cut off the ends. Slice the carrots diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices for even cooking.
- Melt Butter. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Partially Cook Carrots. Add the carrots to the skillet and cook, stirring regularly 8-10 minutes, or until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add Glaze & Seasoning Ingredients. Then, add maple syrup, garlic clove, salt, and pepper to crisp tender carrots. Stir to coat evenly.
- Finish Cooking. Cook the carrots 8-10 minutes more on medium heat, or until the glaze has reduced and thickened, and the carrots are tender and look glossy. It’s important to stir regularly so the glaze doesn’t burn, but if it starts sticking to your pan, you can add 1 Tablespoon of water to the pan to help deglaze any brown bits. Don’t raise the heat higher than medium at this point, or you risk burning the glaze.
- Garnish. If desired, garnish with fresh parsley, or another sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Serve & Store. Enjoy carrots right away, or store leftover carrots in an airtight container in the fridge 3-4 days.
*The exact cooking time will vary somewhat based on the size of your carrots. Thinner carrots will cook more quickly than thick carrots. Try to cut the carrots into even thickness slices for the most even cooking. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy glazed carrots, maple glazed carrots, sauteed carrots, seasoned carrots