Farmers’ Market Quinoa Salad – This fresh, summer quinoa salad is loaded with the best of summer produce. It’s the perfect light lunch or easy side for dinner all summer long! (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked)*
- 1 cup roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pit removed, and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion or minced red onion
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh basil**
- Juice of 1 lemon (3–4 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add cooked quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, avocado, green onion, and basil.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the salad.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir to coat well. Taste and add additional lemon juice, basil, salt or pepper, as desired.
- Chill until ready to serve. Salad will keep 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
*This is my favorite method for cooking quinoa.
**You can substitute other herbs or omit them. Use the same amount of parsley or cilantro. For dill, reduce amount to 3-4 Tbsp total.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad, Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop, No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa salad, summer quinoa salad, avocado, corn, tomatoes, basil, spinach, quinoa, vegan, vegetarian, summer side dish, summer salad, farmers market quinoa salad, vegan quinoa salad,